Opticell Ag+ Silver Alginate
- Opticell® Ag+ wound dressing uses a unique gelling Chytoform TM technology that allows the absorbent fibers of the dressing to transform into a clear and conformable gel.
- The unique gelling action helps manage drainage and remove dead, damaged and infected tissue from the wound, trapping it for later removal at the dressing change.
- ChytoformTM technology wicks fluid only vertically, not laterally, helping to prevent maceration.
- Opticell Ag+ has a conformable and thin profile that provides optimal contact with the wound.
- Although Opticell is designed specifically for moderate to heavily draining wounds, it can also be pre-moistened for effective use on dry or lightly draining wounds.
- Opticell Ag+ delivers broad spectrum antimicrobial efficacy. The dressings contain 0.75% ionic silver by weight. When the dressing encounters a wound environment, silver ions are activated to manage bioburden. The silver inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi, yet is completely harmless to skin cells (noncytotoxic).
- Compare to Aquacell AgTM
We Also Recommend